Friday, March 28, 2008

I suck as a Blogger

So it has been over 6 months since my last post... I'm not good at this thing.

A lot has happened in that 6 months.

With the Family

We took our son on his first airplane ride. At the age of 10.5 months, we took him down to Florida to see his aunt Katie. He did surprisingly well. We were so terrified that he was going to be one of those kids that screamed for the whole flight. He wasn't. He had fun on the way down, and was very well behaved. On the way home, he slept.

He also turned 1 in December and got to celebrate his first Christmas. That was probably more fun for his mother and I than him.

With Sports

Browns fell short of the playoffs. Great season in that they won 10 games (2 better than I predicted). Rough, because we lost to Pittsburgh 2x and Cincinnati at the end of the season. There are 4 games of the 6 they lost that they should have won. But who would have picked them to go 14 -2? The second Pittsburgh loss hurt. Their off season moves have been good. I look forward to this season, although it will be tough to duplicate what they did.

The Indians fell one game short of the World Series. The ALCS was far better than the actual WS. We gave Boston everything they could handle, but just couldn't pull it out. Again, I hope for a WS championship, but it will be tough, as I think we are in one of the most competitive, if not the most competitive divisions in baseball.

The Cavs - make a huge trade just before the trade deadline... will it be enough? They have to get healthy and gel in a hurry for it to work. We'll see.

Politics
What a mess. The democrats chose the republican candidate in early open primaries, and the republicans (and a very stubborn woman) are preventing the Dems from naming their candidate. It is going to be an ugly political season, well, it already is. It is unfortunate that we don't have the option the Russians do in their elections: D) None of the above. Make them do it all over again, but none of the existing candidates can enter.

What I find hilarious, is that in the first Presidential election I could vote in, the media basically forced Bob Dole to retire from the Senate, asking him how could he possibly run for President and still fulfill his duties as a Senator. This year, we have 3 senators running, and this question has never been raised. Yet, the three of them only seem to get back to vote on high visibility votes, such as Iraq. If they were my senator, I'd be a little pissed about not having representation.

I happen to agree with the question. If you are going to run for President, commit to it. All or nothing. I sure as hell couldn't keep my job and hop around the country for 18 months spending 10's of millions of dollars, hoping to get a job that pays $400k. If I did this, I sure as hell wouldn't get my old job back, let alone, keep benefits for life.

Bottom line, our political system is F-d up. It is time for some BIG Change, and NONE of this candidates offer it.

I'm out. I may write before another 6 months passes.

No comments: