Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two Rants before I go to bed

#1 Rant = Michael Vick.

First of all I am sick of this story. What he is accused of is disgusting. I cannot fathom such acts or getting a kick out of watching such cruelty. I think Vick should be thanking his lucky stars that he is only going to get what he pleads to, because it could have been a lot worse.

Now, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He is still proclaiming his innocense. This as he agrees to a plea deal in which he is goign to enter a guilty plea. I think they have approximately 5-7 witnesses lined up against him. It doesn't look good for him, but we'll see what the plea deal is. If it is ony for interstate commerce violations, the federal case against him probably wasn't as strong as the media made it out to be. If it was that strong, then there is no way a federal prosecutor would let this go.

Also, this is not a race issue. IF some other high profile QB in the NFL was accused of the same things, they'd be all over him, white, black, green or purple. It wouldn't matter. I cannot stand the supporters of Vick, i.e. the NAACP, saying this is a witch hunt just because he is black. No, if you really want to advance your race, you would not defend this guy, but say, yes, make an example out of him. Here is a guy that had everything given to him once he was recognized as a talent. However, instead of using his talent to escape the drudgery and the low life surrounding him in the ghetto, he brought the ghetto with him. It cost him dearly. It didn't take very long for the thugs he hung out with to turn on him forcing him into the plea deal.

If the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, et. al. wanted to do some good, they'd be out promoting the other 98-99% of the good guys around the league. Guys like Steve Sanders on the Browns, who came from a rough neighborhood. But he's worked hard and he's raised himself up. He's graduated from college and is competing for a spot on the team. He has not forgotten where he comes from, no, he still goes back to the neighborhood and tries to help out. See this article in the Pain Dealer.

In addition, I cannot stand the people that say Michael Vick Deserves a second shot at the NFL when he gets out of prison... WHAT?!! Horsesh*t! Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. They guy had the opportunity and he squandered it. In my opinion he'd be out of the league for good. He has God given talent that is undeniable, and could be an extremely exciting player to watch. But, in my opinion, he should be out.... good bye. However, as soon as he's out of prison, there will be about 20 NFL teams fighting over the chance to sign him. Ugh.... If he does get a second chance, he better show remorse and "get it" this time.

#2 Rant = Negativity in Cleveland

I'm a life long Cleveland fan, and it is very easy to get sucked into this. However, I've had enough. I will not be part of the negativity that surrounds our sports teams... I've heard enough of it on the radio. Kenny Roda and Kevin Keane are by far the worst as of recently. I can't stand listening to them.

I hear fans talking about it. Even they guys I tailgate with are pretty negative and some of them have been season ticket holders for more than 20 years. It is depressing. Enough already.

Negativity breeds negativity... self-fulfilling prophecy.

I will continue to try and be optimistic. I expected the Browns preseason to be bad. Game #1 is where I thought they'd be... granted Game #2 was a step back for the starters, but I think Quinn could ignite something in this town. I don't want him to start, so I'm hoping it ignites a fire under Frye or Anderson. I think we will win on Sept. 9th against the Steelers, but we'll see where it goes.

The Indians just finished taking 2 out of 3 from the Tigers building their lead to 2.5 games as they go into a series with KC and the Tigers have to go play the Yankees. It looks good for us. So I am believing it will be. I expect us to win the Central... period.

Go Cleveland. Stay positive. A winning attitude will help bread a winner.

1 comment:

DP said...

#1: see my blog. My comment got so long!

#2: If my blog jinxes weren't world-reknowned at this point, I'd be right there with you.